Thursday 3 June 2010

Filming Role Models



I've been having a very enjoyable time this week filming interviews with I Dared role models.  So far three people have faced the camera:  William Titley (above), Rachel Birkett and Carly Jeffrey.  Overcoming their initial nerves, all three did a wonderful job of talking about themselves - not always the easiest thing to do, and I'm often grateful that I get to hide behind the camera.  Rachel bravely ignored wolf-whistles as we filmed outside her office!

One thing each of these inspiring stories has in common is demonstrating how a difficult (or even disastrous!) experience at school and in early life doesn't have to be the end of the story and you can still go on to be successful, happy and fulfilled.  These aren't experiences that I have had to deal with in my own life, so these people's stories are all the more impressive to me.

Carly and Rachel's videos should be online here very soon.  This afternoon I'll be out and about in Nelson to film more interviews - cracking weather for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment